Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 25 - STILL HAVE JOY

The joy of the Lord is rich and deep and causes anyone who walks in it to be likewise.  That's because joy doesn't have anything to do with happy circumstances; it has to do with looking into the face of God and knowing He's all we'll ever need.  (The Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian)

"...joy doesn't have anything to do with happy circumstances"; I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT!!!  I often say that I'll take joy over happiness ANY day because to me; happiness is contingent on things, while joy is in spite of things.  Joy is the fruit of the Spirit and accordingly, dwells within the believer.  Like the illustration that says you don't see the true purpose of a tea bag until it's placed in hot water...the joy within us is refined in the midst of trying times.  Habakkuk 3:18-19 says, "yet I will rejoice in the Lord!  I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!  The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights."  When we fully grasp that God is all we need; walking in the joy of the Lord is more easily achieved...joy enables us to tread upon the heights.

Thank you Lord for being so good to us and being so kind and being so merciful.  You have given us our place of refuge and we are truly grateful.  Your word says in James 1:2-3, "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow".  As we look into the face of God with joy in our hearts, we say 'This joy I have, the world didn't give it and the world can't take it away'...in Jesus name, Amen!


ENJOY!!!  http://youtu.be/qfJ2LZQbvs4 



No comments:

Post a Comment