Tuesday, October 27, 2020

PRAYING GOD'S WILL FOR MY SPOUSE

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10).

When things are not going my way, I wish that I could say, I recite this verse.  I wish that I could say my first response is to sing, "whatever my lot, thou has taught me to say; it is well..", but the reality is--that's not true.  My initial reaction is resistance.  I wonder 'why me', 'why this', 'why now'.  I have not yet attained the maturity level required to offer the prayer of "Thy will",  because frankly, I don't want to submit my will to God's will.

The word WILL in context means "of what God wishes to be done by us".  It is His determination for us, His thoughts towards us.  Now imagine that in your prayers.  God's determination (versus our determination) in everything we commit to prayer...especially our spouse!  Mmm hmm...It's hard to pray the retaliation prayer, when you start off with God's will as the qualifier for the prayer.  Don't act like you don't know about the retaliation pray. 😊

Lord, I want Your will to be manifested in my spouse's life.  I pray that every desire and wish You have for my spouse be manifested in their life.  When my spouse is unsure of their purpose; I pray and agree with Your wishes for their life.  I agree that my spouse will delight in You.  I agree that my spouse will commit their way to You; trust in You and You shall bring all things to pass according to Your will.  I agree that you will bring forth righteousness in their life.  Thank you for the manifestation of love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.  I agree with health, prosperity, wisdom and wealth for my spouse because I want Your will for them.  If my spouse is operating in Your will, my spouse will be blessed, I will be blessed, our family will be blessed.  It is so.  Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment