Friday, March 1, 2019

March 1

March 1 - He delivers me from my enemies.  You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man.  Psalm 18:48  (Power of a Praying Parent daily)

Verse 47 says that "He is the God who avenges me, who subdues nations under me,..."  Growing up in a household with domestic violence, I sometimes wanted to take matters into my own hands.  I sometimes thought that I could/should try to kill my step-father for hurting my mother.  Then it seemed like something that was justified, but now I know better.  Had I taken his life, it would've affected me (jail) and my family (loss of my step-father, loss of a sibling/child).  The casualties would not end with the 'offender', but there would be a ripple effect because I decided to get revenge!

"Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written:  "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord."  Romans 12:19 (NIV).  As we're praying for our children, let us not 'take matters into our own hands'.  Let us trust God to deal with anyone and anything that is hurting them...even if they are hurting themselves.  WOE!!  I believe that the battle for our children is spiritual and our greatest ally is our Father.  We have our armour and we must stand.  God has the best strategy and He will avenge us.  Don't get in His way and become a casualty!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment