Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 11 - Harp music

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.  (Psalm 19:14)

The word meditation resonated with me so I decided to look it up!  It comes from a Hebrew word "higgayown" (pronounced hig·gä·yōn') which means "the murmur" or dull sound of the harp, hence, meditation.  This says to me that the sound of my heart should be like that of a harp.  What comes from my heart and prayerfully from the heart of my child, should sound like a harp.  Click on this link to hear some harp music, but be warned...it is addictive! 
http://youtu.be/ZWuXOrG7pkU?t=8s

The proper response to the work of salvation in our lives is a constant prayer that God will keep our hearts, words and lives free from sin and pleasing to him.  Both the meditation of our hearts and the reflection of our minds should be pleasing to God.  (Full Life Study Bible, Study Notes)  If nothing else, my heart song should reflect my thankfulness for salvation and the gift of eternal life.

The Bible says in Proverbs 4:23, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."  What would life be like for us if we were diligent about keeping our hearts?

Dear Lord, so many times we put emphasis on what comes out of our mouths and the murmur of our hearts go unchecked.  Father, we pray that our hearts and the hearts of our children produce melodies that are like a sweet aroma to You.  Reveal to us any areas of our hearts that need attention because we want to be acceptable in Your sight.  When we get our hearts right, aligned with Your will; we will receive the desires of our hearts because You promised it!  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment