Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8 - Watch Your Mouth!

We create a world for ourselves by what we speak.  Words have power, and we can either speak life or death into a situation.  The Bible says that what we say can get us into trouble or keep us away from it.  It can even save our lives.  "He who guards his mouth preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction" (Proverbs 13:3).  (Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian)

Whenever my son's language gets a little "grown", I kindly remind him to "watch his mouth".  I remember my mom giving me the same warning if she perceived I was being "sassy".  As a child, I would quip (under my breath of course), "how can I watch my mouth...I can't see it".  When I think of the things that we speak and what it looks like in the spirit realm...I am grieved.  Instead of using our words to create Eden or Elim; we speak hell into existence.  Just imagine that every time we allow  negative words to leave our lips; those words are the equivalent of bullets shooting down hopes, dreams and worst of all people!

Dear Lord, please touch our lips so that we speak life and not death in each and every situation.  Your word says that we should not let any corrupt communication proceed out of our mouths, so we pray that we begin to say what You say.  We pray that what we speak aligns with what is spoken in Your holy word.  Lord, help us to realize that our words have power and what we speak about, we bring about.  We will renew our minds to change what we speak.  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment