Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15 - Heavy Heart

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.  Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters[b] all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.  10 In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. 11 All power to him forever! Amen.  1 Peter 5:7-11 (NLT)

It's been said that after every mountain top experience; there will be a valley!  On Monday of this week; I woke up feeling anxious...almost in a panic.  Now why would this be, if I was just getting up from a peaceful sleep?!?  I'll tell you why, because the devil was on the prowl...he always is!  If there's one thing I can say about satan is that, he is always on his job!  He does not get tired and he does not take a break.  He is serious about his mission because he knows his time is short.  If only we were as committed to our ministries and missions...

Today I found out that my friend's son was swimming, pulled under by a current and after rescue attempt presumed dead.  In my mind, I can't stop asking WHY?  Why this family? Why my friend, who is so devoted, giving and loving to her children? Why this way, with so many questions?  And then I was reminded of another time that God allowed us to walk through a similar situation with another couple that lost a child.  What we didn't understand then (and truthfully I still don't grasp it all), we now accept as the sovereign will of God.  I pray that we hold onto the promise in 1 Peter 5:10 that "after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation."

Father God, we know that Your thoughts are not our thoughts and Your ways are not our ways, so help us Lord to return to the safe place of Your will.  Your word says "Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you...", so Lord, we draw nigh to you and ask You to draw us in and hold us close.  We need a place of refuge today, to renew, refuel and replenish as we go through.  I ask that you comfort my friend and her family, give them peace and closure.  We know you're able!  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment