Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”  Psalm 91:1-2

The four names for God in this psalm describe different aspects of his protection.  (1) "Most High" shows him to be greater than any threat we face; (2) "Almighty"  emphasizes his power to confront and destroy every enemy; (3) "the Lord" assures us that his presence is always with us; and (4) "my God" expresses the truth that God has chosen to associate intimately with those who trust in him.  (Full Life Study Bible, Study Notes)

The name I like the most in this psalm is "ALMIGHTY"!  Being the oldest of my mother's children (I have older siblings by my dad), I always wanted a older brother or sister whom I could run to if I needed someone to confront an enemy.  Things haven't changed with regard to me wanting that enemy confronted, however; now I know that the enemy is already defeated!  We have the whole armor of God to put on and STAND FIRM.  All of our weapons are defensive except the word of God which, although it's called a "sword"; we only have to speak it for the offense.  The Almighty is the one that destroys every enemy...so glad He's got my back!

Thank you Father for giving us a place of refuge and for being our fortress...our place of "exceptional security".  We don't have to worry about anything or anyone when we're in the secret place.  We pray that our children seek out the shelter of the Most High God in the midst of their trials.  We cannot always be with them, so we pray that they know You as Lord and Your presence is with them WHEN he/she commits themselves to your will and protection.  We trust You.  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment