Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8 - THIRSTY!!!

Fearing God means having a deeply committed respect, love and reverence for God's authority and power.  It means being afraid of what life would be like without Him and being grateful that because of His love we'll never have to experience such despair.  It means hungering for all that God is and all that He has for us.  (Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian)

Those who profess to know God need to examine themselves by asking the following:  Do I really possess a strong desire for God and his presence in my life?  Or do I go through life largely consumed with secular pursuits and worldly entertainment, while prayer, Bible reading, and a deep hunger and thirst for God and his righteousness have little place or vitality in my life?  (Full Life Study Bible, Study Notes)

As we go through life, it's easy to get caught up in life and all of life's distractions.  We have our family responsibilities, jobs, ministry, our social media cliques, our fraternities and sororities, etc. etc., but our commitment and focus should be on the author of our faith and giver of life.  There is no way I could live without God in my life!   His word teaches, guides and directs me, His Spirit counsels, comforts and sustains me!  

Psalm 63:1-3 says; "You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.  I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.  Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you."  In Jesus name, it is so!  

No comments:

Post a Comment