Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 22 - What's your testimony?

Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.  Psalm 119:2

As I was leaving the post office today, a woman said to me; "I like your license plate"(I thought she was going to compliment my locs!).  She went on to say, "it says TESTIMONY right?"  I have personalized license plates that read 'TSTIMNY' and when I confirmed that she had read them right; she said something to me that change the outcome of my day and possibly my life...she said, "what's your testimony?" 

I jokingly said to her, "oh, you don't have enough time for me to tell it all" and she responded, "well maybe hearing just a little bit will bless me today".  Really God?!?  As I shared a condensed version of all that God has done for me, another woman came over and asked us what church we attended because she overheard us talking about the "blood of the lamb".

When I left the post office, I thought about all the things that God has done in my life, with my life and through my life.  I thought about the things I used to do, places I used to go and people I used to hang out with that I don't even see anymore (and y'all know Columbus is not that big).  I thought about the things that could've happened and didn't, as well as the things that did happen and instead of the worst, God allowed me to use the situation for His glory and even to bless someone else.  I thought about my health and strength; my healed heart from an absent father; my marriage to a wonderful husband, in spite of having daddy issues; my children, who are not perfect but they're mine and they're here; my family (as crazy as they are) that will rally around me at the slightest hint of hurt in my voice...excuse me for a minute while I give Him glory....THANK YA, THANK YA, THANK YA!!!!  I had to stop thinking about it because I was on my way to an appointment and didn't want to pull over on interstate 70 west.  The point is, at any given time, we should all be able to give a testimony to the goodness of the Lord.  We should be a witness for the kingdom.  What's your testimony?

Thank you Father for all the blessings You've bestowed upon me!  For deliverance, healing, provision, promises kept, hearing my prayers, keeping my children, watching over and protecting us from dangers seen and unseen, for strength made perfect in my weakness, for helping me up when I fall, for the full armour of God and the fruit of Your Spirit.  There is so much more You require of me and I will no longer fall short.  To whom much is given, much is required...I will seek You with my whole heart.  #WITNESS  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment