Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11 - For my good!!!

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.  (Romans 8:28, New Living Translation)

I had an appointment at 6pm today and had planned my route to the minute, however; I ended up being late...which may have saved my life.  I couldn't leave until my husband got home and he had stopped at the grocery store.  Somewhat rushed, I hurried out of the house and proceeded on my way to my appointment.  I was coming around 70West approaching the Livingston Avenue exit when the traffic started slowing abruptly.  Looking ahead, I could see that the traffic was at a standstill past the exit so I changed lanes to exit at Livingston.  With a little detour, I was able to reenter the highway at the Miller on ramp and that's when I saw the accident.  There were three cars involved, one fairly damaged, another smashed up pretty good and spun around facing east from the impact, and then the final car which was so badly crumpled it looked like a crushed soda can. 

I thought about the fact that had I left when I planned to leave; I could have very well been right in the  midst of this accident...and then I felt grateful.  I was slightly irritated with my husband for going to the grocery store and tacking on a few extra minutes to my commute...but if he had been on time and I had left on time...and then I felt grateful. 

Thank you Father for keeping me from danger seen and unseen!  Thank you for orchestrating my path today and moving me at just the right pace.  The lesson in this was not just for me, but to me because You showed me that even when I can't see or know what's in my path...You do and the same is true for my children!  You are all-seeing and all-knowing and even when I forget to pray or when I'm not specific with my prayer for my son/daughter; You still hold the world in Your hands.  I know that all things work together for my good and for my children's good.  We love You and we embrace Your purpose for our lives.    #GRATEFUL  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment