Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 8

Hear me as I pray, O Lord.  Be merciful and answer me!  My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”  And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”  Do not turn your back on me.  Do not reject your servant in anger.  You have always been my helper.  Don’t leave me now; don’t abandon me, O God of my salvation!  10 Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.  (Psalm 27:7-10, New Living Translation)

No matter how old or "grown" our children get; they will always be "our children".  I am enjoying my forties and my mother still calls me "her baby".  One of the most challenging things for a parent is releasing a child when there is an appearance of danger.  Our instinct is to protect them and try to shield them from anything that can harm them.  However, while all things are not be beneficial; they may be necessary.

Psalm 27 gives the reassurance that when the time comes and our child(ren) feels overwhelmed, alone and "abandoned"; the Lord will hold them close.  How can the Lord hold them close if we're yet holding on?  How can he/she come to know that he/she can lean and depend on God if we're in the way?  How can God be God if we're trying to?

Heavenly Father, thank you for being a present help to our children and being enough God to take care of them.  We acknowledge that You are God all by Yourself and You don't need our help!  We are grateful that our children are embraced by You...Your arms are strong enough to hold them.  In Jesus name, Amen!

#SafeinHisarms
http://youtu.be/znKRe3AHdR8?t=29s

No comments:

Post a Comment