Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 4 - God is...

The biggest part of helping my son and daughter understand who God created them to be is encouraging their relationship with the Lord.  I know they will never fully understand who they are until they understand who God is.  (Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian)

So who is God?  I'm glad you ask!  The bible says:

For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.  (Deuteronomy 4:24)

(For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.  (Deuteronomy 4:31)

For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, (Deuteronomy 10:17)

For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.  (Deuteronomy 20:4)

God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.  (2 Samuel 22:33)

God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him.  (2 Chronicles 30:9)

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  (Psalm 46:1)

For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.  (Psalm 48:14)

Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.  (Psalm 59:9)

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  (Psalm 62:7)

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.  (Psalm 73:26)

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  (Isaiah 12:2)

The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.  (Habakkuk 3:19)

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.  (John 4:24)

God is faithful... (1 Corinthians 10:13)

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. (1 Corinthians 14:33)

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:  (2 Corinthians 9:8)

God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  (1 John 1:5)

God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.  (1 John 4:16)

God is my all and all, my way maker, my strong tower, my Provider, my Protector, my Regulator, my Admonisher, my Promise Keeper...He is my everything!  And because He is; I ain't got no worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment