Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23 - Praying for your child's potential greatness

When God gives you a glimpse of your child's potential for greatness, love and pray him/her into being that.  The Bible says, "Do you see a man who excels in his work?  He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men" (Proverbs 22:29) (Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian)

Ooooooo wheee Jesus; this is a hard one!!!    I know why preachers say that God doesn't always show us the plans He has for us because we couldn't handle them.  Let's be open and honest for a minute...the challenge with praying this prayer is loving and praying them into their potential when their behavior and walk doesn't line up with their potential.  I mean if God has given you a glimpse of your child as a doctor and he/she can't pass biology, your might be a little discouraged.  Nevertheless, if we're going to believe God's word, whether it's written or prophetic, we have to believe ALL of His word, ALL of the time.  In those times of discouragement and dare I say it, doubt; we have to be even more diligent to pray God's word back to Him and over our children.  I encourage to pray scripture over your child(ren) and place his/her name throughout to make it even more personal to him/her.  For example; Isaiah can do all things through Christ which strengthens him; Lord, you promised never to leave nor forsake Isaiah; Isaiah will trust in the Lord with all his heart and lean not to his own understanding.  Because God is bound by His word, He will incline His ear and hear your prayer...especially when you pray His word back to Him.

We're often quick to recite "A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men" (Proverbs 18:16), BUT verse 15 offers the prerequisite.  It says, "The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge", which would have me believe that before our gift (or our children's gift) makes room for us; our hearts should be prudent and our ears seeking knowledge.  It just got real.

Lord I thank you for the insight You've given me into my child's potential greatness.  I pray that You will give me perseverance to pray over that greatness with diligence and determination.  The enemy will try on every hand to deter him/her but he's already defeated and has no place here!  I will love and support my child just as You have loved and supported me.  We will do great things for you and excel in Your greatness because ultimately we want to hear You say "Well done!" 
In Jesus name, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment