Friday, July 5, 2013

July 5

Lord, I pray that my child will have a deep reverence for You and Your ways.  May he/she hide Your Word in his/her heart like a treasure, and seek after understanding like silver and gold.  (Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian)


I'll be the first to admit that, to some and even in our eyes; my children are/have been 'sheltered'.  They were brought and drug to church; we sent them to Christian school for educating; they were/are not allowed to spend the night with just anyone; there is no 'sagging' going on and skirts not passing the "fingertip test" had to be changed.

I believe that these secular and tangible things have helped our children develop a reverence for God.  Wearing your pants pulled up does not make you any more of a child of God than wearing them "sagging"; however, there is such a thing as being decent and in order, as well as, excellency when it comes to God.  It's easier to have a deep reverence for God when you keep Him first in every aspect of your life. 

Psalm 119:10-12 says, "With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.  Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes."  Let this be the confession of our children.  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment