Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3 - Everything that looks good to you...

Help my child to see that what makes a person truly attractive is Your Holy Spirit living in him/her and radiating outward.  May he/she come to understand that true attractiveness begins in the heart of one who loves God.  (Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian)

When I was much younger and before I knew better; what I wanted in a male companion included someone who was cute, dressed nice, and had good hair (just reading these things have me shaking my head)...praise God for deliverance!  As I grew older and wiser, I realized the most important thing for me to find in a guy was that he knew God.  I remember making my "list" of what I wanted/needed in a mate.  I revised it a few times and finally I thought...all that truly matters is if he's saved! 

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her."  Although I'm not sure who can be credited with this quote; one thing I do know is that it's absolutely accurate.  To go a step further, I'll add my own and say; "A man's delight should be in the law of the Lord and a woman must know God's word to discern the Suitor from the Snake!

Heavenly Father, Your word says "...you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb" and I am "fearfully and wonderfully made".  As our children meet and mingle; show them that beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, but true beauty is in the "I am" that holds all.  Just as we pray that the Holy Spirit is what draws our children to the mate prepared for him/her; we also pray that the Holy Spirit repel any and all impostors that try to corrupt the promise.  In Jesus name, Amen!!!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely! My babies are very little yet I'm already praying on their behalf when it comes to them dating and marrying in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too early to intercede for the man/woman that our children will commit till death do them part!

    ReplyDelete