Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15 - For the Good of Them

I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.  Moreover, no one knows when their hour will come:  As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so people are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.  Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 (NIV)

Watching the tragedy unfold in Boston today; my heart goes out to all the victims and their families...especially the parents of the 8-year-old boy who was killed.  With my own son being the same age as this little boy, it could have very easily been me!  For a brief moment I thought; how could all this despair come after such a day of rejoicing on yesterday (see April 14 blog to be blessed)?!?  Then I said, "Get thee behind me satan"!  Isn't it just like satan to come sniffing around me, so soon after the mountain-top experience of baptism, with an attempt to discourage me into thinking that prayer doesn't work.  To that I say; IT IS WRITTEN...THE PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS AVAILETH MUCH!!!  While I do not know and understand everything, I am grateful for the word from our pastor that "comfort does not come in getting an answer; comfort comes in knowing God through the doubt."  Another thing that was said in the sermon on Sunday was "memory is a friend of faith"...to which I say, God's record in my life will not allow me to relapse!  HALLELUJAH!

"So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God’s hands, but no one knows whether love or hate awaits them.  All share a common destiny—the righteous and the wicked, the good and the bad, the clean and the unclean, those who offer sacrifices and those who do not."  Ecclesiastes 9:1-2  (NIV)

This is today's prayer:  http://youtu.be/InR9jHmVv1M

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment