Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30

Above all else, we want our children to come to a knowledge of who God really is and to know Jesus as their Savior.  When that happens, we know their eternal future is secure; we know that when they die, we will see them again in heaven.  What a wonderful hope that is!  (Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian)

The importance of our children knowing God for themselves is that he/she can't get heaven based on our relationship!  While we should introduce them and make sure the foundation is laid; the ultimate decision to know God is up to them.  Each of our children have their own will and it's up to them to submit to God and His purpose for their lives. 

Just as the thief said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom", when our children accept, believe and confess; their eternal future is secure.  They shall be saved and not perish! 

Thank you Lord for remembering us when You were yet on the cross!  In the midst of dying, You took the time to minister and extend the kingdom to a sinner.  I pray that my sons and daughter will always be on Your mind Lord.  I pray that You will always remember them and continue to pray for them.  I pray that they will know you and accept you as their Savior.  I pray that we will all enjoy life eternally.  Thank you for "Verily  I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise" because it is a wonderful hope for us to look toward.  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment